Wednesday, June 13, 2012

18 Months Old

Hello World!

I'm now 18 months old (well at the time of these pictures anyways!).  Mommy can't believe that I'm already a year and a half old.  But as sad as she might be that I'm getting older fast, she's equally or more excited about the little fun person I'm becoming.

I'm still a little peanut.  She thought I'd take after my sissy and eventually get back on that weight chart.  Not so much.  Still underweight, but I think they've just accepted that's me b/c no one is worried about.  Mommy checked her weight at 18 months at we were only a few ounces different.  So, it must be in the genes!  I am, after all, taking after mommy a good bit!

I talk A LOT.  Well,  actually I should say that I have a lot of words.  More than sissy did at this age - but we're pretty sure that's b/c I hear her talk all. day. long!   Mommy counted and I have close to 100 words.  At my 18 month check up, they asked if I had between 7-10 words.  Mommy said, yes, closer to 100, but at least 7-10!

And I LOVE to sing.  I know the whole songs of ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat, and I'm learning quite a few others.  Daddy thinks while Mackenzie may be our performer/artist, I may follow in his singer/songwriter footsteps.  Music has always just been so soothing to me (like it is to him).  Mommy keeps saying she needs to sign me up for a music class - she needs to get on that!

I am still a pretty independent kid.  I like to do my own thing and don't need a lot of attention.  This is new to mommy & daddy (sissy likes a lot of attention!).  Lately, mommy has found me wondering back into my room alone, climbing into my rocking chair and "reading" my favorite books all by myself until someone comes and finds me!

I continue to be pretty laid back, but I am starting to show my spirited side.  And when I get mad, I have got some lungs on me (as noticed by some employees at Micheals and Kroger on one particular errand outing!).  It looks like I'm laid back, but no push over :) 

And lastly, I still think my sissy is the best thing EVER.  She is soooo cool!  I want to be just like her.  I try to dance like her, put on her shoes and clothes, dress up with her, follow her around with my babies and strollers.  We have so much fun together.  Mommy says it makes having us close together so worth it!  Sissy seems to enjoy having a little sidekick (most of the time) and I like being that sidekick.  We're quite a team!

 Until next time!
-Little Key (Daddy's current name for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment