Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Decorating the Tree

I was super excited to decorate the tree this year. The first where Mackenzie could actually participate (I think I decorated it at night last year while she slept!). As with life with a 2 year old (definitely life with mine, but I'm told this is normal.....), she about through a fit when I wanted to get started! I really wanted her in her Santa pjs, and she didn't want to change clothes...... Brannon corralled her, and I heard him saying as he took her upstairs to change, "You gotta put on some pjs for your mom & her pictures..... He's in for a long life of this type of stuff, I hope he's ready. He doesn't like it when things get to "planned"! Like coordinated outfits for pictures & decorating. In fact, I think I mostly decorate the tree myself in years past, but now he has to participate!

Anyways, I made her some hot chocolate & she put on her pjs, and then it was all fun & games. Meemi was still here, and she volunteered to hold Keelyn in her room & rock her (since she's pretty fussy at night which was when we were decoarting), and we could just focus on the tree. I thought about turning on Christmas music, but that might send Brannon off the edge of too much planned fun, so I'll attempt that next year! Mackenzie was pretty good at decorating. There was the obligatory multiple ornament on one branch decorating that all 2 year olds do. But she started spreading it out (well horizontally, not vertically :) ). And she was really good at not touching the ornaments on the tree after we were finished (that is until some friends with an 18 month old boy came by, and she saw him doing it, then she rethought the situation and began to do it herself!). All in all, a fun night. Can't wait to do it again next year (without a fussy newborn, and instead another little one to participate!!)

Helping Daddy while sipping on her hot chocolate (in a sippy cup!)














"This is FUN mommy!!"




















Here we are with the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment