Sunday, October 9, 2011

Celebrating 3 Years!

For Mackenzie's third birthday, we had (surprise, surprise.....) a princess themed party. My mom made her the most adorable Sleeping Beauty princess dress & we had the "real" Sleeping Beauty come to the party for entertainment :) I wasn't sure at first if I should splurge on this, but after seeing the "real" Belle at her best bud's party, she definitely wanted to have Sleeping Beauty come to hers! And Brannon heard at some point that if you're going to spend money, a good category is on making memories. When budgeting, don't forget to make memories :) I think this falls into that category! And we were definitely in need of budgeting after our home renovation, but I'm so glad I splurged anyways! She had a blast. And I was so happy to be able to see her have such a great time with her friends! Although (like I say every year), I wouldn't mind a lower key birthday party next year......but by time it rolls around again, I always to celebrate BIG!





The cupcakes! I was so proud - I made them myself this year!





















Mackenzie with Aunt Natalie & Granmommy waiting for the fun to begin!














Liam - braving the princess party in his pirate outfit and getting his face painted














Keelyn - our little sleeping beauty!














Taking a dancing lesson from the princess. They were so attentive. Maybe if I dressed like a princess Mackenzie would listen to me better??














"Freeze" dancing. They were so cute dancing & freezing when the music stopped!














Miniature princesses posing (and I use the term posing very loosely!) with Sleeping Beauty!














Blowing out her candles (with a little help from mommy - it was windy!)














Photo with our big T-H-R-E-E year old!




















"Okay, now that I'm three, I can carry my sister around, right??"














Family photo with EVERYONE smiling, eyes open, & looking at the camera. I call it our birthday miracle!! And girls are coordinating.....couldn't get daddy to wear pink though!

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's good that I have a boy b/c I wouldn't even know where to find a real princess, lol...

    The party looks like fun and the last pic must be the "miracle" pic that you were telling me about! It looks great so get to framing it, sister! :)

    ReplyDelete