Thursday, May 19, 2011

Deja Vu.....

Yesterday, I had Keelyn's 6 month appointment. It was eerily similar to a 6 month visit about 2 years ago..... Yes, folks, my sweet girl is off the charts. Teeny. TINY. For the most part, I'm much less stressed about it this go around. I'm pretty sure a decent part of this is genetics. I just don't have big babies. Not even average babies. In fact not even small babies. I grow itsy bitsy teeny weeny babes!

Keelyn weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs 4 oz. That would be less than 1% on the charts. (Way less, if you're counting). She was 25 inches tall. And as usual, I don't remember the head size. Those two measurements were actually still fine. She actually even smaller than her sister was....

I like our new doctor (we switched since we moved) a lot better and she didn't freak out about it. Actually, I've been prepping her for what happened last time, so neither of us were too shocked. She said that she knows I'm not going to have big babies. She wants me to try and increase her solids, and even focus only on those that are higher in calories. She also said I can add olive oil to her jarred baby foods! And I could add formula to her applesauce! I swear, she's such a peanut!

The difference this time is that I really can't just put her on formula since she won't take a bottle from me. Even if I was ready to wean her, I think she'd go quite some time before really taking a bottle and we can't afford a milk strike with her current weight. We'll go back in a month for a weight check to see if she's doing any better with solids. Thing is, all I've read says they get the most calories from milk, so it's weird to me to push the solids. But I guess solids with olive oil have a good bit of calories too......

So, here we go again. Extra weight checks & the fun of hoping to get back on the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment