Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Beach Trip

So, Friday night after my cousin's wedding, we left for the beach! We had been planning to go before we knew the wedding was that weekend, so my crazy, night-owl husband said, we'll just leave after the wedding. And I was somewhat okay with this idea b/c a) the girls would sleep the whole time & b) HE would be the one driving at 2am! It was actually a really nice ride. He stocked up on energy drinks & we even had a nice (uninterrupted!) conversation once the girls were asleep. Then, I slept a little. But I stayed up most of the time b/c I didn't want him to get too tired :) I did feel a little nostalgic (or maybe old?) b/c I remembered riding with him to the beach when we were so much younger.....and dreaming to myself about when we would drive to the beach with little ones in the back - and now here we are.....

Anyways, I am SOOOOO glad we decided to still go to the beach. This was the first time since Mackenzie was born, that I found the beach to be a relaxing adventure :) She's old enough now to just sit and play in the sand without mommy's help & could walk to the water to fill up her bucket while we sat in our chairs watching her. Keelyn slept like a log in her little baby carrier with the breeze blowing. Our friends, the McCormicks, went too (we made it a little annual thing) and Ali & I got to actually TALK without interruptions for like over an hour the first day at the beach. Amazing! (Can you tell how much I love uninterrupted conversations these days!?!?)

Anyways, we took a TON of pictures. I'm sure I'll spend the rest of the week uploading them to the blog. So many good ones, so hard to choose......

No comments:

Post a Comment