Monday, November 14, 2011

Protective Big Sister

I was just thinking back to our visit with G & G as I looked over the photos to put on this blog. There were some of us hanging out in their living room & I remembered a really cool thing that happened while we were there..... My parents have a floor outlet in their living room. If it has nothing plugged in, it has covers so they can't be touched. This one normally has a lamp plugged in it. I'm a little vague on the details of whether it had been unplugged or what not, but my mom & I were talking and apparently Keelyn was starting to play with the plug when Mackenzie started yelling, "NO NO KEELYN!!! NO NO!!!!". I turned around expecting her to be giving her little sister a hard time for wanting something she had.....when I realized that she was trying to prevent her from touching the plug. My mom & I immediately started praising her. Amazing that this little 3 year old was watching out for her little sissy! Love. It. She is such a good big sister!

On another random note, along these same lines.... Keelyn has a favorite past time of playing in toilet water. (Lovely, I know!). So, we try to keep the potty seat down! Mackenzie is super good at this. After she flushes (most times) she slams the toilet seat down. And if Keelyn starts to head toward the bathroom she alerts me and runs in there to make sure the toilet seat is down. I just love her!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Annabelle also likes toilet water and Lily is also on the lookout. We just keep the bathroom door closed.

    I'm glad this comment looks like it's going to work because I've had serious trouble commenting on people's blogs lately.

    ReplyDelete