Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dining Out

Outside, that is :) Spring weather is just so glorious! We've done a couple picnics outside so far this year, and I think we will be doing a lot more! We were encouraged in a MOPS meeting yesterday with a speaker talking about nutrition to use non-food incentives for behavior, etc. She said we (adults) use food/treats a lot b/c that's what we're programmed to want as a reward, but kids love other things just as much. One example she gave was to say if "x" then we can eat outside today. I thought, what a great idea! Incentives work really well with Mackenzie, so the more non-food incentives I can give, the better! And it was also fun for mommy to soak up a little vitamin D :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate that I missed Amber's talk! Lord knows that I could use some good advice on nutrition!

    The girls look like they're enjoying the picnic :) What a great day for it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete