Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mackenzie-isms

Now that her vocabulary is exploding, it is fun to hear some of her own little interpretations of words & phrases. Here's a couple examples that I thought of today:

  • "Snackers" - her own made up word for a snack consisting of crackers. She'll ask for snackers when she wakes up from her nap!
  • "May I have one?" - Well, at first I thought I just have an extremely polite toddler when she is asking for something. But upon further review, I think she might be saying "Me I have one??

I also enjoyed watching her play with a new birthday toy tonight - a little people camper set. She played for a while, in fact wouldn't stop for dinner, so I ate, and then eventually she joined me. It was fun to watch her play with them & talking to herself about what they were doing. The beginnings of many a pretend play with dolls in our future I think!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! MP likes to make up words to "stories" that she "reads." Too cute!

    ReplyDelete