Friday, September 17, 2010

Potty Training Update

For those of you following my adventure in PT, it has been a while since I last updated you. Although, not a lot has changed I don't think! Basically, she is good at holding it for 1-2 hours, but not at all good at telling me when she has to go (basically doesn't tell me at all). But, given her long holding ability, I can usually manage to get her to go before it becomes an accident. And she still won't go #2 on the potty. So, due to that & my growing tired of dealing with that, we've spent alot of the past few weeks in pull ups. Still trying to keep dry, but no worries if she didn't. Plus, she'd gotten pretty adament about NOT going when I asked, so I think she had realized it was something I wanted that she could control. So, that and wanting to avoid some accidents, I backed off. We also had a busy few weekends with family, so we just enjoyed our families' visits and potty'd when she was willing & if not, in pull ups.

So, that's the past few weeks. I feel like we're too far in it to go back to diapers, but certainly not fully PT'd. So, next week is our fall break from school. More time at home, hopefully, to work on it a little more. I've basically decided that this process from start to finish may take months! We went to the toy store today and bought some big reward toys for going #2. Hoping to inspire some action in that department! We'll see how it goes from here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment