Monday, March 14, 2011

Potty Training.....Check!

Well, I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but it looks like we may be down to only one child in diapers! That's right.....Mackenzie seems to be potty trained!!! Can I get a big WHOOO HOOO????!??! We're going on about 5 days of doing all of her business on the potty.

Here's how it happened.... After so much success with giving up her paci after letting her pick out a princess doll at the toy store, I thought we'd try the same thing with going #2 on the potty (she was basically already trained for #1, we just had to get past doing #2). I gave it a few weeks in between, to give her time to be excited again over picking out a new toy. We went to the toy store and walked down the princess aisle. Which was funny in & of itself....she just couldn't decide on just one! "I want this one, no I want this one, how 'bout this one??".....so we put a bunch in the cart and then compared them. Even then she couldn't decide between a bigger princess doll or a cash register with princesses on it, or a little set of miniture princesses & a wand. Well, I determined that the register & mini princesses/wand were the same price as the big doll, so I steered her in that direction to get both because I had a plan for having two toys.....

We rode all the way home with her holding the toys in her lap, and me reminding her that she had to do her business to get the toys.
I told her that I would let the register be her potty toy - to be played with only when trying to do her business on the potty. The mini princesses/ wand would be the reward for going. She came home & immediately sat on the potty with the register and did her business. Thank goodness she needed to go, because she wanted to do it right away! And she got her reward. Wow. She is really motivated by new princess toys. First the paci & now this. Couldn't believe it. But here we are, about 5 days later, and she has been in panties ever since with no accidents. YAY!!!! I think it's safe to say, SHE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!

*Note: I'm opting to not include pictures of her on the potty.....I'm sure she'll appreciate that one day!! Although it was tempting because she looks so cute sitting up there, so little on a big potty, playing with her cash register. But that will be something I'll have in my mind to cherish as a little mommy memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment