Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This year, I thought we wouldn't get to go out for Valentine's Day, given that my newborn REFUSES to take a bottle...... which would be the first time 10 years! But I concocted a plan to get Keelyn down by 10pm (I'm slowly inching up her last feeding) and have our babysitter come by around 10 and watch to make sure the house didn't fall down while we went to get some drinks and get O.U.T of the house withO.U.T. any kids! (A feat for me these days!) And by the way, talk about the easiest babysitting
gig ev-ah!

Anyways, it was nice. It was Sunday night when we actually did it and I wasn't thinking, but now we live in
suburbia-ville, so
everything shuts down here around 10pm on Sunday. So, we ended up at the only place still open..... Applebee's! HA! Oh well, nothing spectacular, but before we found it, I said I'd be happy just driving around without any screaming coming from the backseat!

Our actual Valentine's Day was a bit more of an adventure..... I decided to get the girls all dressed up in the Valentine's Day gear and head for Daddy's office downtown where we could eat lunch with him. The morning getting ready went smashingly well (that should've been a sign!) and we met him in the food court of his building. Loud environment, kid-friendly food. This should work, right??!?

WRONG. One thing about the food court is you have to go get your food but we can't all go through at once, so we decided that I would go get mine & Mackenzie's food while he sat at our table with the girls. As I was handing Keelyn over to him, I noticed a yellowish/brown spot on her pants..... Oh boy. She hasn't had a leaky diaper in quite some time. But, of course, today she does! So, I take her back and begin looking for a public restroom to get all cleaned up. (I was sure glad I got photos before leaving that morning because the outfit was gross! I almost waited til I got home...)

When I got back Brannon took
Mackenzie to get his food & hers. Then, I went to get mine. Well,
from then on it was decent I guess. But Mackenzie ate barely anything, yet wanted the cake slice they were handing out & we got for her. So, we had a nice battle of PLEASE eat something so we can let you have dessert & not just have dessert for lunch! She was being a typical two year old. What fun. Keelyn
was also fussy by this point so I ate my lunch standing up bouncing her with one arm & eating with the other. Not much of a relaxing lunch!

Maybe we'll try again in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment