Monday, January 30, 2012

15 Months Already???

Keelyn had her 15 month appointment this morning. Still small - no surprise there, but she did gain more for the same period than Mackenzie, so I think she's doing pretty good. I was hoping to wean her off of the morning & night bottles, but have been waiting to see how big she was b/c taking away a bottle will definitely take away some calories as she doesn't want to drink too much out of a sippy cup. So, the doc wanted me to keep on with two bottles. We'll see..... At some point, we've gotta take 'em away and let her learn how to get her calories elsewhere, I just don't want it to be at the expense of her not gaining properly since she's so tiny.

On another note, she was pretty long! 30 inches, or the 40%. Pretty tall for a McKay/Ramsey :) The doctor was also very impressed with how much she's talking. I guess I'm just used to it since Mackenzie had a lot of words early too. I need to go look though, I wonder if Keelyn has more or not. She has b/t 10-15 words, a couple signs, and likes to have "conversations" in her own language (so did her sissy!). The doc was also impressed with Mackenzie's conversational skills - and said I guess that runs in the family :) I said, yep - they come from some good talkers in their family! HA!

So, for my reference, her numbers were:
  • Weight: 17 lbs, 12 oz (<5%)
  • Height: 30 inches (40%)!!
  • Head: 18.5 inches (75%)!!!!! BIG head :) That's why she's so smart!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you're rather petite yourself so maybe she's just taking after you?

    Glad to hear that the appt went well!

    ReplyDelete