Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Fun

We had a big, fun Easter weekend. Didn't really realize how exhausting it would be! We went to the annual egg hunt at the park near our old neighborhood. (Remember the craziness from last year). And this year was much better than last year. No nausea for me (last time I was in the 1st trimester for the hunt). It was very pleasant weather (last year was BLAZING hot). And no tantrums (the best part!). In addition to the egg hunt, they had a petting zoo this year & a pony ride like last year. Mackenzie had a BLAST :)

We then came home and rested & then Aunt Natalie came over to dye some easter eggs. Our first time :) We kept it pretty basic, but Mackenzie seemed to really like it. Then, after some dinner, she got to search the house for her Easter basket.....Daddy was playing guitar at the two Easter services at our church, so he had to leave by 6:30, so I wasn't about to wake up to do it before church! So she found her basket and dug in. She was pleased with all her goodies, but the best in the basket was her Dora chapstick ("Yip-stick as she calls it!) which was an easy find at the Target $1 area :)

Then, we went to church on Sunday to a great Easter service. Keelyn even went in the nursery the whole time. Since we had two services, instead of our usual one, the times were different and we went to a later service. This allowed me to feed her before the service started instead of during the service. Which was GREAT! She was done, & I went in and was able to focus on worship for a full hour. That was a huge blessing on Easter for me :)

AND lastly, we came home and our community group came over for lunch & an egg hunt at our house. Maybe I put too much on myself with that, but we have a GREAT backyard & are moving in a couple months (have I posted that??) so I figured this would be the only year we'd have this big of a backyard to hunt in. We also are going to start a tradition to do a egg hunt with our group each year for those folks in town. It's a great idea that one of our group members said she had growing up & I think it will be fun for our kids to have these traditions to do together through the years :)

All in all, such a great weekend. So busy though. I'm hoping next year we can find a way to make it a little bit less exhausting with more time to reflect on the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment