Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and remembers the real reason for the holiday in the midst all the bunnies & easter egg hunts. This Easter is the first holiday where I feel like Mackenzie can start understanding the bigger picture. Recently, she has become quite interested in her little story Bible, asking me to read stories from it at night "about Jesus". Love it. It is amazing how their little hearts are so open to matters of faith. I think it builds our faith to see how easily they can believe.

As I was reading from this story Bible recently, I read the story about how Jesus said to let the little children come to Him. I told her that Jesus loves all the children & she looked up at me and said very proudly, "And Jesus YUVS ME too!". Love it.

And with the recent interest in the story Bible, I had been saving the Easter section of the Bible for reading tonight on Easter. We have been surrounded by the commercial side of Easter today, so I wanted to make sure we had at least a little time to focus on the real meaning. Mackenzie was very curious about why people were mean to Jesus & I kept telling her that they didn't like Him because they didn't believe Him when He said He was the Son of God. She responded with, "I'm not mean to Jesus, I YUV Him!". Love it. I hope she always feels that way.

Happy Easter All!

1 comment: