Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring BREAK!

One might wonder how I am able to post a little more this week......well, the answer is I only have ONE child to watch this week! Mackenzie went to Florida for "Grandparents' Camp." :) I thought a few weeks ago (actually, while she was off from preschool for winter break in February!) that maybe I'd have her go visit her grandparents during spring break because I was really feeling a need for a break from the constant exhaustion of caring for two little ones! So, I checked with my parents & Brannon's, and (of course) they were up for the idea. She spent 1/2 of the week at Brannon's parents & then the other half of the week at my parents.

She has handled it all like such a big girl. She just waved goodbye when she drove off with Meemi & Poppee like it was no big deal (of course, I'm sure she didn't know exactly how long a week would be!). I can't believe she's big enough to just go off like this. Doesn't miss us too much. I think she asks about me in the morning, like where I am & they tell her I'm at home & she's going to be there for a little longer and then she's okay with it! I did give them gifts to give her from us each day so that helps!! But, I'm glad she's had SUCH a wonderful week with her grandparents. I'm pretty sure she knows a good thing when she sees it! We'll probably have to spend a few days next week re-programming her that "No" is still actually a part of the English language! I'm not sure she's heard it much this week. HA!

We've been missing our big girl this week, but it has also been soooo nice to have a bit of a break. Amazing how easy it seems now to take care of just one baby :) Keelyn & I have had some one on one time, which I have loved. Getting to take time to rock her to sleep & just hold her has been so nice & I'm pretty sure she's been loving it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment