Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

About a week ago, Mackenzie & I went down to Baby Ella's house (who lives a few doors down in our new neighborhood!) to carve a pumpkin. Ashley had seen an article in a magazine about a way to do a pumpkin by drilling holes and pushing little christmas lights through the holes. It was a good idea I thought :)

Mackenzie enjoyed "cooking" the pumpkin seeds after we pulled them out. She kept telling me as she stirred them with a spoon that she was making apple juice. Pretty impressive, huh? Turning pumpkin seeds to apple juice. She's a talented cook!

I'm sad to say that I don't have a final picture of the pumpkin...... It was a bit of work to punch the lights through the holes, so I brought it home half done. Then, upon having it sit on the counter for a couple of days, it got a puncture from the plug and I didn't realize it, and it proceeded to start to grow mold or something gross. So, it didn't get finished. It was a bummer. I'd like to try again, but wonder if/when I'll have time before baby #2 arrives......

Anyhow, here's the pictures of our pumpkin carving fun:

Scooping out the goop......
















Cooking her apple juice
















Pleased with her work!

No comments:

Post a Comment