Sunday, October 31, 2010

Homeward Bound

Since mommy & baby were deemed healthy after the birth, we got to head home after our 2 nights in the hospital. This time, we weren't beating at the doors trying to break outta there like the first time.....mostly because we realized just how much harder things get when you get home & you can't send the newborn to the nursery for a few hours at night! But this time, what we were anxious for, was to get back home to our first little girl :)

This time, also, I got a little more dressed up for the going home adventure - since I knew there'd be lots of pictures and last time, I looked a bit rough! I even showered, dried my hair, and put on makeup. Everyone seemed impressed with that! I had bought Mackenzie a new dress and a coordinating one for Keelyn (I also bought a coordinating boy outfit that I took back!). They looked pretty cute, and I'm not partial at all! The first of many coordinating/matching outfits!!!

We got our first dose of reality right from the very beginning. Mackenzie wanted some candy, but I told her we had to wait til we got home (sucking on hard candy while driving makes this mommy very nervous about swallowing/choking while driving......) and a tantrum ensued. I think Keelyn was crying a bit too upon hearing the commotion, but soon settled back down to sleep. And about 5-10 minutes down the road, the big one settled down too. Welcome to reality, Mommy & Daddy!



Mommy getting Keelyn all pretty for the trip home.....something she'll have to get used to - beauty doesn't come easy!!
















Sweet Keelyn's first glimpse of the outdoors! It was a beautiful day!
















We're ready to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment