Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When's That Baby Due?

I've reached that stage of pregnancy where everyone (including all strangers encountered) want to know when that baby is due? You get the lovely comments of looking like you're gonna pop, etc. Yes, yes - I'm almost due. 1.5 weeks til D-Day. And while the level of discomfort has increased & sleeping without a huge belly does sound appealing, I'm secretly hoping to make it to my due date.

Maybe I'm a rare breed in this? One reason is, having JUST moved, there are still some stuff I'd like to get organized/arranged, and another week would be nice :) And another reason is, though sleep isn't as easy as it used to be, I'm still getting so much more than I will get once the baby is here. Really, I sleep pretty well for a very pregnant girl.

But lastly, I just want to enjoy my last few weeks with Mackenzie. Though I'm very excited for her to
have a sibling - I know my life is far better b/c of my own - this marks the end of a phase of our lives. She has been my little buddy & sidekick for over two years and now we both will have to learn to share each other with a new little person.

And so, in light of the end of this era, I made Brannon take some photos of me & Mackenzie after church on Sunday. We had dressed alike in our sleek little black dresses & I made him try to snap some photos of her hugging/kissing the belly - which she likes to do. He did a decent job considering he's not the photographer in the family & the football game was about to start so his patience with the process was waning! As I said, she seems really excited about the baby. Asks when it's going to come out, tries to feed the baby her milk (puts her sippy cup up to my belly button!) and freely hugs/kisses the baby belly. I can't wait to see her help take care of our new little family member!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute and nice to have. Way to go Brannon. I'm glad you took the time to snap these photos.

    ReplyDelete