Saturday, October 23, 2010

They Learn Early

It's so funny to me that little 2 year old girls can get so into their accessorizing so early! It seems Mackenzie & all her little friends are totally into their shoes already. Mackenzie, for some time now, has had an opinion on what shoes she likes. Mostly she requests her 'squeaker shoes' (ones that squeak when she walks around!). Unfortunately, she cannot wear those in all situations b/c she might drive some people crazy! And even though you can remove the squeaker - she doesn't like it when I do that!

More opinions on clothing are sprouting.....I saw a glimpse of my future in dressing Mackenzie just a few days ago. I had picked out an outfit for her to wear (typical) and started to get her
dressed. She started throwing a fit saying "NO WEAR DRESS!!!!!" Oh boy. We were already late (sadly, this is typical too!). BUT, I was willing to relent - asking her what she wanted to wear. She was too upset to communicate that & by the time she calmed down she just let me put on the dress I'd picked out. I think I'll have to start giving her more than one option. I guess she's starting to have more of an opinion on her daily outfits......oh boy!

Luckily, her enjoyment of accessories is growing. She actually wanted to wear one of her hats on Friday with a cute little outfit I picked out (she didn't protest the outfit - luckily, that was a one time thing so far!). Last fall, she did not wear hats unless they had a strap that she couldn't unstrap! So, this is an improvement that I like to see in her personal style!

No comments:

Post a Comment